News: REMAKE ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!11111 - Watch our Let's Play of Final Fantasy VII on YouTube!

• July 22, 2017 06:44 PM
Username Remember Me?
Password

Author kdozu

kdozu Offline

• Newcomer
  • This Man Are Sick
kdozu
« on: August 14, 2014 03:48 AM »
hello there, i'm kdozu. i'm a twenty-three year old woman currently attending college, planning to double major in math and physics.

i'm a huge nerd. i've been playing video games since i was like. three. before i could read (and i learned to read pretty early). the final fantasy series has always been near and dear to my heart, since final fantasy i was one of those games i played on my nes waaay back in the day.

so that's me. i hope i can make friends here. i'm very shy sooo. let's see how this goes.

V Offline

Re: kdozu
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014 03:56 AM »
Hi and welcome!

Your first FF was 1 on the NES? Wow. For me it was 7 but that's mainly because it was the first one released in Europe.

kdozu Offline

• Newcomer
  • This Man Are Sick
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014 04:14 AM »
Hi and welcome!

Your first FF was 1 on the NES? Wow. For me it was 7 but that's mainly because it was the first one released in Europe.
yeah! we had a nes so my first games were things like final fantasy, crystalis, castlevania, mario, the legend of zelda, etc. and some games that aren't really classics.
howeverrr i played i, but didn't get back into final fantasy until viii. then i bought vii and then ix. so i'm not like, super gangster or anything. :c

oh wow, i wouldn't have expected vii to be the first released in europe. i always assumed it was the same as the u.s.

V Offline

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014 04:24 AM »
My first system was the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in the US) so I pretty much missed all the 8 bit stuff until emulators on PC and whatnot.

Yeah and it's mainly thanks to Sony for publishing it too, I think when Nintendo was localizing them for the US they mustn't have thought it'd be worth the time/money to bring them to EU too. It was like that with a lot of RPGs unfortunately. Sony thankfully took a risk and then we got tons of RPGs from other publishers too.

kdozu Offline

• Newcomer
  • This Man Are Sick
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014 04:26 AM »
i think for me it was nes, then gamegear, then ps1. there was a huge gap between gaming systems, i guess. which about sums up my life. still no ps3! and i only recently got a wii. oh, the joys of being poor.

oh the sony/nintendo publishing thing makes a lot of sense, actually. i hear a lot of drama about eu localization. like smt iv taking well over a year (?) to get an eu release. and even then it ended up being digital only.

V Offline

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014 04:33 AM »
To be honest I only got a Wii like 2 years ago myself. I don't have any of the new systems (except Vita), there's hardly any next gen games that excite me yet. Hell I still play my PS2 occassionally.

SMT/Persona series is one of the worst for EU localizations lol, we never got any of the PS1 Persona games, the first we got was 3 on the PS2 (I think Tecmo KOEI published it), pretty much all of ATLUS's games are published by different publishers here because ATLUS doesn't have a EU branch.

kdozu Offline

• Newcomer
  • This Man Are Sick
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014 04:37 AM »
i am ALL ABOUT that ps1/ps2 life. i got a wii since it was like forty bucks and i really wanted to play skyward sword. i only have like three games for it, but we use it to watch netflix so much that it's not a big deal to me that i don't play it much. i got a 3ds for pokemon and that is turning out to be a TOTALLY worthwhile purchase. i mean. bravely default! fire emblem! smt iv! beautiful, just beautiful.

i plan on getting a vita...eventually. depending on how cheap i can find one. my psp is junk so even if i don't plan on getting vita games i still kinda need it.

and oh man, i didn't know it was that bad for atlus games. that's really rough! i adore the smt series, i'd be so sad if we didn't get them.

V Offline

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014 04:41 AM »
Yeah that's the good thing about PSP/PS3/Vita, you can go on the PS Store (the US one) and buy the games and they work because they're digital so there's no region locking. Most of ATLUS's games are up there now too

kdozu Offline

• Newcomer
  • This Man Are Sick
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014 04:43 AM »
yeah i need to use the psn to get uhm...is it eternal punishment or innocent sin. i never remember which one is the first part of persona 2 and which is the second. since the second part was never remade for psp like was intended. :c

V Offline

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014 04:48 AM »
Yeah I have no idea lol, eternal punishment is the one remade for PSP but dunno the other one except that it's just the PS1 version digitized

Share: