News: REMAKE ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!11111 - Watch our Let's Play of Final Fantasy VII on YouTube!

• December 17, 2017 07:46 PM
Username Remember Me?
Password

Author Original Release for PS1

LineOfFoot Offline

Original Release for PS1
« on: October 02, 2014 03:48 AM »
Did anyone get FF7 when it first came out on the PS1 or PC? I guess that I am dating myself, but I used to play it at my friend's house on the original PlayStation.

.::. Offline

Re: Original Release for PS1
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014 04:02 AM »
No I got it about a year later I think but luckily managed to grab the black label version and not the great hits version. To tell you the truth I was completely unaware a PC version even existed until like 5 years later lol

LineOfFoot Offline

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014 04:05 AM »
To tell you the truth I was completely unaware a PC version even existed until like 5 years later lol

Yeah, the PC version was distributed by Eidos, I believe. I remember seeing adverts for it in my Tomb Raider box.

.::. Offline

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014 04:10 AM »
I know, I used to play TR on the PC too dunno how I missed those ads tbh

Apparently the PC version was pretty buggy and you were forced to move around using the numpad (my laptop doesn't even have one of those). The 2013 rerelease is apparently much better and I've been tempted to buy it just to check out some of the community mods.

LineOfFoot Offline

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014 04:28 AM »
Yeah, the original PC control scheme wasn't too hot which is why I went to my buddie's house to play on his PS1.

Sam Offline

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014 06:37 PM »
Even though the original Playstation is one of the most common consoles of all time, there are many valuable PS1 treasures to be found. Its diverse library is filled with RPGs and unique gems that collectors long for.However, when we last surveyed the collectable PS1 market in early 2008, original Playstation titles seemed to have peaked in value.

Share: