News: REMAKE ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!11111 - Watch our Let's Play of Final Fantasy VII on YouTube!

• November 23, 2017 06:29 PM
Username Remember Me?
Password

Author Why is FF7 the Most Popular of the Series?

LineOfFoot Offline

Why is FF7 the Most Popular of the Series?
« on: October 02, 2014 03:56 AM »
It seems like Final Fantasy VII is the most popular and iconic game of the series. Does anyone know why? Personally, I love the characters, and to be honest it was the only game of the series that I completed.

.::. Offline

Re: Why is FF7 the Most Popular of the Series?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014 03:59 AM »
Probably due to it having a lot of new things not seen in FF or even any JRPGs before like CGI, 3D worlds, orchestrated music (Dancing Mad from FFVI kinda, very cleverly, achieved this).

I think it was probably the hype surrounding PS1/Sega Saturn as well though, the move to actual 3D polygons and whatnot, and FF7 was the first JRPG to really put itself out there.

LineOfFoot Offline

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014 04:40 AM »
Probably due to it having a lot of new things not seen in FF or even any JRPGs before like CGI, 3D worlds, orchestrated music (Dancing Mad from FFVI kinda, very cleverly, achieved this).

I think it was probably the hype surrounding PS1/Sega Saturn as well though, the move to actual 3D polygons and whatnot, and FF7 was the first JRPG to really put itself out there.

Those are all good points. I thought that other JRPGs saw popularity before it though.

V Offline

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014 12:39 PM »
In Europes case, it was the first FF to be released here, before that we didn't get any Square RPGs or barely any JRPGs on the SNES were localized, so its probably the most famous down to that alone really. Other than that .::. makes some valid points too.

LineOfFoot Offline

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014 01:11 PM »
I didn't know that. I always thought that the older FF games were released in Europe as well.

Sam Offline

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014 06:35 PM »
It’s hard to believe, but it’s been fifteen years since Final Fantasy VII launched in North America to critical and commercial success. Since then it’s added plenty of fuel to the “which Final Fantasy is the best?” debate, and many fans have never stopped singing its praises. Love it or not, you’d have to agree that FFVII is one of the most memorable titles in gaming history

Share: