News: REMAKE ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!11111 - Watch our Let's Play of Final Fantasy VII on YouTube!

• December 18, 2017 03:10 AM
Username Remember Me?
Password

Author Anime and Manga!!!

ZEMNUS Offline

• Super Moderator
Anime and Manga!!!
« on: July 25, 2009 08:31 PM »
OMFG!! I love anime...when its moe. :roll:
Talk about your favorite animes, what you are watching, what you are reading, favorite characters, what ever stays on topic.
I own a shit load of anime. :)
But no dolls like a otaku! :lol:

My favorite anime is Clannad, and specifically the second season. It's harem, comedy, drama, and supernatural.

Curently I am watching Valkyria Chronicles, if you own a PS3 i recommend you play the game first because the second season OP is a HUGE spoiler. I already have heard from many friends being dissapointed by the OP spoiler, and wishing they played the game first. Luckily I decided to do that before the show caught up to me. I am also watching Spice and Wolf II, and the 3rd was intense. I never seen an anime like this one, and I definitly recomend it for anyone who isn't action addicts. On a side note, anyone watching Haruhi's 'Endless Eight' Arc...I vote it worst moment in anime history!

kuraudo Offline

• LVL 4
Re: Anime and Manga!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009 04:14 AM »
HMMM, yea i love Clannad. but shakagon no shana is defanatly top 5 with clannad the action romance drama so intence.
The light is clouded by the darkness pull through and you will see right way and follow the light.

PS3 Trophies

ZEMNUS Offline

• Super Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009 08:20 PM »
I feel like reviewing. :)

Spice and Wolf

Light novel volume 1

My Review:

Story: Craft Lawrence, a 25 year old peddler travelling from town to town selling and buying various things to make a living during a period much like Europe in the Middle Ages. One night when stopped at the town of Pasroe, he finds in his wagon a 250 year old pagan wolf deity girl named Holo. She appears to be that of a 15 year old girl, except for a wolf tail and ears. She introduces herself as the town’s goddess of harvest who has kept it blessed with good harvests of wheat for many years. Despite having the responsibility to watch over the town, she wants to go back to her homeland in the north called Yoitsu, she believes the people have already forsaken her anyway and that she has kept her promise to maintain the good harvests. She manages to bargain her way out of the village by making a deal with Lawrence to take her with him. As they travel, her wisdom helps increase his profits, but at the same time, her true nature draws unwanted attention from the church. (9/10)

Characters: The show is centered around Lawrence, who is a typical, good-hearted guy, but a smart business man. Holo is unpredictably, disrespectful, and stubborn. She is the typical guy's dream girl: strong and confident, yet charming and femine. Her mood can change drastically, but it is something you will get used to, and will understand why she is this way over time. Holo's past is not very interesting or original, but the character she is because of it is incredibly interesting. The creators did not go to far as making them something amazing, as making them simple, but the suppleness really works. I wasn't too Impressed by Holo at first, but as the second half came in i was very pleased by the development in her character and her relationship with Lawrence. If you love tsundere behavior you will love Holo. (8.5/10)

Artwork: The artwork is very average and not something out of the ordinary. It is the artstyle I like so no complaints her. They released it on Blu-ray in Japan, so if your are one who uses torrents then it is very pleasing in HD. (8.5/10)

Sound: The voice actors for Lawrence and Holo are great and are well suited for the roles. The theme songs are both very fitting for the series. The music durring the series is calm and melancholic. This is one of the soundtracks I would recommend. (9/10)

Overall: Spice and Wolf is very unique and with enough patience I think you will be pleased. It felt generic at first but it will get much better. If you are looking for some educational incite on the Church during the Medieval Era, awesome! Secondly, Holo is a very fascinating character and I'm am envious of Lawrence. :(The show is currently continuing into second season. I definitely recommend this to anyone wanting something unique, or wants a girl with tail and ears. (8.8/10)

Spice and Wolf OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_WgwEmRaw#ws-lq-lq2-hq-hd

Spice and Wolf II: First two episodes are what I typically expected. However, the most recent episode to date, episode 3, was the most incredible episode thus far and being so early in the series, I am dying for the next episode to come next week to see how the ending events will progress. So far I am not disappointed with the new season, its getting better!

kuraudo Offline

• LVL 4
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009 04:10 AM »
see this is still something i want to see i think i am going to watch it now
The light is clouded by the darkness pull through and you will see right way and follow the light.

PS3 Trophies

Sol Badguy Offline

• Newcomer
  • Napalm Death
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009 07:20 PM »
ahhhh man finaly a anime thread
i will watch those anime you told me about
i am downloading Kanon 2006,then i will download Air TV,and last Clannad

kuraudo Offline

• LVL 4
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009 07:29 PM »
yessss i love air,tv and clannad i stil haven't finish kanon zemy when are we going to finish ittttt......ahh

PS3 Trophies

Down4SB Offline

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009 01:59 AM »
i like to watch Death Note, and Hajime no ippo i used to watch bleach and naruto but i stopped
Add me on PSN Matthias101 :)

kuraudo Offline

• LVL 4
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009 10:06 PM »
lol bleach and naruto...thoses are so long for know resaon......deathno tes good and hajime no ippo i have bin planing on watching....

PS3 Trophies

Down4SB Offline

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009 05:49 AM »
i love hajime no ippo i got addicted at one point during the school year i got up at like 6am to watch it lol
Add me on PSN Matthias101 :)

kuraudo Offline

• LVL 4
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009 09:14 PM »
i love hajime no ippo i got addicted at one point during the school year i got up at like 6am to watch it lol
lol i used too do that all the time with Oh my goddess and azumanga Dioh...i love watching anime.. there is a new anime movie coming out from disney....can't recall what i'ts called but it's about a goldfish that turns in a girl it looks good. same animation totoro and kiki's deilvery servse..

PS3 Trophies

Share: