News: REMAKE ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!11111 - Watch our Let's Play of Final Fantasy VII on YouTube!

• November 19, 2017 03:41 PM
Username Remember Me?
Password

Author DualShock 3/Sixaxis PC Configuration Guide

Aaron Offline

• Administrator
  • Lv 1
DualShock 3/Sixaxis PC Configuration Guide
« on: June 22, 2010 12:54 AM »
I've only tested this with Windows 7 32-bit but it should work for all Windows platforms, therefore I haven't tested the Blue-tooth connectivity because its 64-bit only. Anyway, follow this guide and you should be able to do pretty much everything on your Windows PC with your DualShock 3/Sixaxis.

First, check what Windows version you are running (32-bit or 64-bit) - go to 'Start', then right click 'Computer' and click 'Properties', under 'System' next to 'System type' it'll say either '32-bit Operating System' or '64-bit Operating System'.

For 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7:

Spoiler
1. Download MotioninJoy here

2. Extract the file.

3. Install the program By default it will place the drivers and software in "C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3".

4. Plug in your DualShock 3/Sixaxis and press the PS button, a pop up will come up saying its installing Drivers, just let it install.

5. Go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'MotioninJoy', right click 'Install MotioninJoy driver' and click 'Run as administrator'.

For 64-bit Windows Vista, Windows 7:

Spoiler
1. Download MotioninJoy here

2. Extract the file.

3. Install the program By default it will place the drivers and software in "C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3".

4. Plug in your DualShock 3/Sixaxis and press the PS button, a pop up will come up saying its installing Drivers, just let it install.

5. Go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'MotioninJoy', right click 'Install MotioninJoy driver' and click 'Run as administrator'.

6. Restart Windows and repeatedly press F8 when its booting up and select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' (see screen below).

Spoiler

7. Unplug the other USB bluetooth dongles if any except the one you need to connect DualShock 3/Sixaxis. After Windows installs its default driver, go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'MotioninJoy', right click 'Install Bluetooth driver' and click 'Run as administrator'. If you need to use other bluetooth dongles, just plug it in after installation finishes.

8. Repeat step 6.

9. Go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'MotioninJoy' > 'DS3 Tool' (request Microsoft dotNET 3.5), click 'Pairing'.

10. Unplug the USB wire, press the PS button shortly to connect via blue-tooth, the LED of '1' will always light after connected, DualShock 3 will vibrate for a moment.

11. Select your options and click 'Enable Option'.

Next we want to map the controllers buttons to keys and the mouse.

Spoiler
1. Go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'MotioninJoy' > 'DS3 Tool'.

2. Click the 'Custom' tab at the top and simply set your preferred controls (for example, next to 'X' I would put 'Mouse button' then to the right of that 'Left Button'. For keys choose 'keystrokes' then when you click on the drop down to the right it'll come up with an on screen keyboard to choose which key (using the Dpad as the arrow pad), and finally for mouse mimicking with the analog stick (I'm using the right stick as an example), choose 'Mouse Axis' then Up, Down, Right or Up depending on which way - you can also invert etc. here's my setup at the moment with the right stick controlling the mouse and the Dpad controlling the Up, Down, Right, Left of the keyboard:

Spoiler

3. When you are done, you need to save the layout by clicking 'Save' then enter a name, I used 'DualShock 3' (which we'll use as the example), then if I want to change controls later I'll just open it up, change the controls, then 'Save' again.

4. Finally, when you've configured and saved your controls, go back to the 'Quickstart' tab, then under 'Select one mode' there's a drop down on the last option, select 'DualShock 3', then check the dot next to it like so:

Spoiler

then click enable underneath. If you move the analog stick you chose to mimic, it should now act as the mouse.

Every time you start Windows, if you want to use your DualShock 3/Sixaxis, connect via USB or Blue-tooth and press the PS button, then go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'MotioninJoy' > 'DS3 Tool' and click the 'Custom' tab and open 'DualShock 3', then click the 'Quickstart' tab and under 'Select one mode' there's a drop down on the last option, select 'DualShock 3', then check the dot next to it, then click 'enable' at the bottom, which should then look like this:

Spoiler

When you're finished, just unplug the DualShock 3/Sixaxis and it'll eventually turn off.

*When plugged in, the controller will charge, as you can see in the upper right corner of the 'DS3 Tool' program.
Main Site Completion List:
Final Fantasy VII - 55%
Before Crisis - 15%
Last Order - 90%
Crisis Core - 1%
Advent Children - 20%
Dirge of Cerberus - 1%
Lost Episode - 1%

Snowboarding - 100%
Tech Demo For PS3 - 100%
G-Bike - 100%*

Sam Offline

• Newcomer
Re: DualShock 3/Sixaxis PC Configuration Guide
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014 03:32 AM »
I've only tested this with Windows 7 32-bit but it should work for all Windows platforms, therefore I haven't tested the Blue-tooth connectivity because its 64-bit only. Anyway, follow this guide and you should be able to do pretty much everything on your Windows PC with your DualShock 3/Sixaxis.

First, check what Windows version you are running (32-bit or 64-bit) - go to 'Start', then right click 'Computer' and click 'Properties', under 'System' next to 'System type' it'll say either '32-bit Operating System' or '64-bit Operating System'.

For 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Share: